Unique and Hard to Value Assets
This is an industry-exclusive course for trust professionals tasked with administering unique assets, and it will provide the knowledge and skills they need to do so successfully.
View FAQ and more information.
Registration and orientation take place on Sunday afternoon. Class begins on Monday at 8:00 AM and ends Friday at 5:00 PM. The exam will be given on Saturday morning. For all non-designation exams, students may begin as early as 7:00 AM but no later than 8:00 AM. Students will have until 10:00 AM to complete non-designation exams. Students can choose to take an online exam and depart Friday after class ends. Online course exams must be completed by the following Tuesday.
An investment of $2,585 includes registration, tuition, and meals (Housing not included. Please call 706.353.3346 for details.).
Select a Session:
Favoring practical approaches over theoretical ones, students will learn best practices for administering residential and commercial real estate; farms and ranches (and other types of specialty real estate); privately-held operating businesses; mineral, oil and gas; loans and notes; tangible assets and collectibles; and private equity, hedge funds and other alternative investments. It is helpful but not essential for students to have administered unique assets previously.
- Current Trust Industry Practices
- Rules & Regulations, by Account Type (i.e. Custody, Directed Trust, Fiduciary etc.)
- Administrative Best Practices (services to offer, documentation requirements)
• Traditional Real Estate
• Specialty Real Estate
• Minerals, Oil & Gas
• Privately-Owned Businesses
• Loans and Notes
• Life Insurance
• Tangible Assets & Collectibles
• Private Equity, Hedge Funds, Etc.
- Account Acceptance & Administration (including checklists)
- Annual Review (Regulation 9) Considerations
- Fee Considerations
- Process and Account Remediation
- Profit Opportunities (or Turning Lemons into Lemonade)
Many professionals satisfy Continuing Education and/or Continuing Legal Education requirements with this course. Rules for CE and CLE approval are time sensitive and vary by designation and state. Cannon encourages early registration in order to allow for ample processing (request for credits may not be available after course completion).