Wealth Management Issues: Education & Family Support Conversations
Using wealth to support the needs and dreams of family members and loved ones is a nearly universal goal. In fact, there are few aspects of financial management in which a wealth strategist can ultimately be more helpful to a client than that of helping him or her (or him and her) negotiate the potentially tricky waters of sharing and passing along significant assets.
Cannon’s Wealth Management Issues Conversations packages equip advisors to address each wealth management issue their clients face. Cannon has packaged multiple learning assets to fully cover each issue.
Each package includes:
- A PDF study guide of technical content
- A 30-question exam to demonstrate mastery of the technical concepts
- Approximately 1 hour of contextual audio content
- A video-based lesson of conversational discovery skills
You will receive an account on Cannon’s learning management system to access each learning asset. This course qualifies for CE credits.
Participating in this course will help you to:
- Identify the major risks facing clients when planning for family support
- Identify effective ways to position and execute a family giving and support discovery interview
- Employ a simple mnemonic – VALUES – to develop the habit of comprehensive client discovery
- Identify and emulate client discovery techniques that broaden and deepen your understanding of a client’s complete situation
- Describe what to consider and what to avoid when conducting the VALUES family support discovery interview
- Create an action plan for executing the VALUES interview with your current clients
For corporate pricing, please contact Will Cochran at 706-353-3346.