Essentials of Trust and Estate Planning eLearning
Our books, audio lessons, videos, and eLearning could be the perfect fit for your enterprise professional development plans. Contact our learning professionals today to discuss how we can add Cannon assets into your learning initiative based on your audience size, timing, and budgetary needs.
Cannon Financial Institute’s Essentials of Trust and Estate Planning eLearning course teaches practitioners the key trust and estate planning information required for client conversations. Because the concepts are presented independently of specific products and services, the course content can be integrated into any sales training or product training.
You will receive an account on Cannon’s learning management system to access each learning asset. CE Credit may be available. Call 706.353.3346 for details.
Overview and Purpose of Estate Planning
- Define common terminology used in estate planning discussions.
- Identify the purpose and goals of estate planning.
- Identify the purpose of a Will in estate planning.
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of estate planning team members.
- Identify the purpose and importance of each step in the Estate Planning process.
- Identify the purpose and function of common estate planning documents.
Property Rights and Property Ownership
- Identify a typical item of property according to its legal classification.
- Identify the two types of property law in the United States.
- Compare and contrast the two types of property law in the United States.
- Identify the type of property ownership from a general description.
- Distinguish the types of property ownership that are subject to probate from those that are not.
The Transfer Taxation System
- Identify the requirements of the transfer taxation system.
- Identify the types of wealth sharing that are subject to a transfer tax.
- Recognize exceptions to the transfer taxation rules.
- Identify who pays transfer taxes.
- Define what wealth is taxed by the transfer taxation system.
- Recognize exceptions to the transfer taxation rules through gifting.
- Compare and contrast the transfer taxation system with generation-skipping transfer taxation.
Estate Planning Strategies Implemented During Life
- Identify the roles of each party involved in a trust.
- Identify the characteristics of a revocable living trust that distinguish it from an irrevocable trust.
- Identify the most commonly used types of irrevocable trusts.
- Identify the distinguishing characteristics of the commonly used types of irrevocable trusts.
- Distinguish annuity interest from uni-trust interest.
Estate Planning Strategies Implemented at Death
- Identify the most commonly used estate planning strategies implemented at death.
- Define the terms unlimited marital distribution and applicable exclusion amount.
- Identify the distinguishing characteristics of the exclusion trust.
- Identify the distinguishing characteristics of the QTIP marital trust.
- Compare the use of trusts in estate planning to the tax consequences of outright distribution.
- Identify the distinguishing characteristics of generation skipping trusts.