Unique and Hard to Value Assets
This is an industry-exclusive course for trust professionals tasked with administering unique assets, and it will provide the knowledge and skills they need to do so successfully.
Select a Session:
Favoring practical approaches over theoretical ones, students will learn best practices for administering residential and commercial real estate; farms and ranches (and other types of specialty real estate); privately-held operating businesses; mineral, oil and gas; loans and notes; tangible assets and collectibles; and private equity, hedge funds and other alternative investments. It is helpful but not essential for students to have administered unique assets previously.
- Current Trust Industry Practices
- Rules & Regulations, by Account Type (i.e. Custody, Directed Trust, Fiduciary etc.)
- Administrative Best Practices (services to offer, documentation requirements)
o Traditional Real Estate
o Specialty Real Estate
o Minerals, Oil & Gas
o Privately-Owned Businesses
o Loans and Notes
o Life Insurance
o Tangible Assets & Collectibles
o Private Equity, Hedge Funds, Etc.
- Account Acceptance & Administration (including checklists)
- Annual Review (Regulation 9) Considerations
- Fee Considerations
- Process and Account Remediation
- Profit Opportunities (or Turning Lemons into Lemonade)